How to install Pocket PC Skins
Click here to go back to the Freebie page.
To install these skins, simply unzip all of the files in the zip file to your computer.
The zip files contain two folders, a regular folder and a VGA fodler.
For example, the OrigTricorder skin contains the folders "OrigTricorder" and "OrigTricorderVGA".
You will want to choose one of these folders to install to your device.
Many PocketPCs will use the standard folder, but some newer devices have VGA (640x480) displays,
and will require the VGA version.
Copy the appropriate folder to your Pocket PC,
and put it in the program folder for Windows Media Player.
To do this, for most devices:
And that's all there is to it!
- go to your Windows Explorer (or double-click on "My Computer" on your desktop)
- double-click on "Mobile Device"
- double-click on "My Pocket PC"
- double-click on "Program Files"
- double-click on "Windows Media Player"
- place the folder and all of the files in it here